Any person of good character, eighteen (18) years of age or older shall be eligible for membership upon exemplifying an interest in the preservation and protection of life and property from fire or other disaster.
Any person applying for membership must adhere to the following requirements
Have a (1) month observation period, in which he/she shall attend all meetings and observe the activities of the fire department.
Consent to a complete background check.
Consent to a drug screening.
Candidate must pass a majority secret ballot vote by the fire department membership.
Experience a ninety (90) day probation period.
Any former Member that previously served at leat 1 year wishing to reinstate as active member shall have the 30 day ovservation period waived.
Aforementioned person shall become a member after the above requirements have been met.
Any current or prospective member /responder will be required to have the following training:
- IS100 & IS200 (online self study) or 16 hour Incident command class.
- IS700 National Incident Management System (NIMS online self study)
- IS800 National Response Plan an Introduction (online self study)
- Initial Response to Haz-Mat incidents Basic Concepts, 16 hour class
- Initial Response to Haz-Mat incidents Concept implementation 16 hour class
Any one operating Fire Department vehicles must:
- Be 21 years of age
- Complete a Emergency Vehicle Driver Training Class (renew every year)
- Annually attend a Vanessa K. Free class
- Be approved by the Chief and Driver training committiee
Note: The above classes highlighted in blue can be taken online prior to or after applying for membership. Just click on the class number and you will be taken to the website.
Contact the Membership Chairman
Capt. Jason Curtis Membership Committiee Chairman.
Application available online click on link below.
Online copy of membership application.